Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Best of the Bunch: January 2018


Today I'm sharing the best book I read in January.

Of the 11 books I read, I had one 5-star read, which was my best of the bunch.


The World According to Mister Rogers does a nice job of demonstrating the unique person that Fred Rogers was and the breadth of wisdom that he shared. After I started the book, I went online to find a daily calendar of Mister Rogers quotations, as each one has so much to unpack that you really need a full day to reflect on it. There are few people I can think of who so reliably showed an unconditional love for the world and also spoke with openness and vulnerability about their feelings as a way of inviting others to be their authentic selves. We could all benefit from these reminders about how to be the best kind of human, especially coming from someone who modeled everything he taught.

What is the best book you read this month? Let me know in comments, or write your own post and link up below!





No comments:

Post a Comment